Uploading or Creating Documents in Cards
1. Upload documents using drag&drop
There are several methods to add documents to a card. You can simply drag and drop a document right to a card. It works both inside and outside a card, at the board view.
2. Add documents by pasting to the card
Try to add a new file by copying it and pressing CTRL+V at a card. It can be a screenshot as well as a file copied from your hard drive.
There are 3 types of clipboard content that are supported by KanBo:
- Document – copy a document (one file) at File Explorer at your device and paste it at a card
- Screenshot – take a screenshot and paste it at a card
- Text – copy a text and paste it at the text field (as before)
Pasted files and images will be uploaded to a card in the same way as drag&drop uploading.
3. Add documents with card menu
After entering a card more options are available.
- Press + Add element button to open card elements menu.
- The last three positions are related to documents.
Document group contains files added to a card. It allow you to categorize your documents by any condition you may need and exist only in card as a group. Another thing is a document folder which represents real existing folder with documents. Any change in its content affects the source folder.
- Press Document to add a file.
- Select whether you would like to:
- upload it from your PC
- add existing document from Board documents
- create a new one, blank documents of selected type:
- create a new document with a document template.
4. Adding images
Same rules apply to pictures. Additionally, when you add an image to your card, its thumbnail will be shown in a card activity stream.
Was this article helpful?
Please, contact us if you have any additional questions.