You can use the old board to create a new, similar one without having to recreate all the cards and settings from scratch. Learn how to copy a board.
In order to duplicate a board:
- Go to Board Menu.
- Select Copy Board.
Another way to make this action is selecting this option from the board tile in KanBo Home Page.
- Then, you need to enter the name for the new board. Optionally you can set a start and end date or change the default background color.
- If there were document sources, you must decide, if you want to:
- or don’t include documents at all.
- Then you must select to create New Office 365 Group or attach to existing one.
- Press Copy.
A copied board will have the same structure as the original board, according to the following rules:
- features that will be copied:
- list‘s positions, names, roles and colors
- documents (optional)
- archived cards
- card statuses
- card relations (card relations between boards will not be copied)
- features that will not be copied:
Can I select the parts of the old board to include or exclude during the duplication process?
Yes, during board duplication you can decide if you want to copy, attach or don’t include board documents at all. You can also change the name and background color during the duplication process.
What happens to the ownership of the cards in the duplicated board?
Board owners, members and visitor will not be copied.
Can I copy an old board to create a new one?
Yes, you can copy a board or make a board template using existing board.
Can I restart the board periodically for e.g. monthly or yearly projects?
We recommend to create a board template, use it to make new boards periodically and closing the old ones (closed board can be restored).
Was this article helpful?
Please, contact us if you have any additional questions.