KanBo and ServiceNow Integration
KanBo and Service Now integration allow you to automate KanBo actions by building Flows.
ServiceNow is PaaS provider, providing technical management support, such as IT service management, to the IT operations of large corporations, including providing help desk functionality.
Installing the KanBo app
- Take the XML file with the KanBo app and upload it to the Retrieved Update Sets.
Use import update set from the XML option.
- Open the update set.
- Select Preview Update set button.
- Now commit the application.
- Open the application registry section.
- Choose KanBo and edit the Client ID, Client Secret.
- Paste your instance address in the field Redirect URL in this format https://dev###.service-now.com/oauth_redirect.do
Contact KanBo support for more details.
- Open Connection&Credential Aliases.
- Open KanBo.Add new connection.
- Type the name, select KanBo in Credential and paste https://servicenow.authkanbo.com/kanbo/api in Connection URL.
- Go to Credentials and create a new OAuth 2.0 credential.
- Type the name, in OAuth Entity Profile find KanBo’s default profile.
- In the freshly created credentials, get OAuth Token.
- Type your KanBo instance name and select OK.
In this step you might be asked for your O365 credentials beforehand if you aren’t logged in already.
- Allow access.
- Now you can run the flows with KanBo application.
Preparing a Flow
- Select KanBo inside Application field.
- Select a Trigger you want.
- Start adding KanBo actions.
Add user to KanBo
Add user to Board
Add user to Card
Board collection actions
Add board collection
Remove board collection
Add board group
Add Board to Board group
Remove board from board group
Remove board group
Add board chat message
Remove user from board
Add comment on card
Add card from template
Card elements actions
Set due date
Set card date
Set start date
Add todo list
Add todo list item
Edit todo list item
Add child relation
Add next-previous relation
Add child card group
Remove user from card
Look up actions
- The look up actions contain:
- Look up Board Collections
- Look up Board groups
- Look up Boards
- Look up Statuses
- Look up Users
- Look up Board Users
- Look up Cards
- Look up Board Templates
- Look up Lists
These actions will bring you an ID of board collection, board, user etc. which you can use in other actions.
Was this article helpful?
Please, contact us if you have any additional questions.