Synchronizing KanBo with Outlook Calendar and Outlook Tasks
How to enable the Outlook Calendar and Outlook Tasks synchronisation?
- Go to MyBoard.
- Press more button (three dots) to open board menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Outlook sync.
- Choose Outlook Sync Targets option.
You can choose that cards added to MyBoard will be added as Appointments to Outlook.
After enabling this option you can:
- add a card equipped with card dates to your MyBoard and see it on your Outlook Calendar
- add a new event to your Outlook Calendar and see it on your MyBoard in KanBo
After adding an event to Outlook Calendar, you will see it indicated on the Timeline with a special Outlook event icon.
In a scenario when you set a Due date, which is earlier than a Start date to an Outlook Task/event or a KanBo Card, Outlook and KanBo will behave in a special way.
- In case you add an Event in Outlook Calendar where Due Date is an earlier term than Start date, this event will be transferred as an Outlook event on MyBoard’s Timeline. KanBo will import only a later date to a Timeline and in Outook you will see your dates rebalanced (the term will be shown as one starting from a later date to the later date).
- You set an Outlook appointment to take time from 15PM (Start date) to 11AM (due date) on 12/11/2017. In Outlook, the Appointment will look as it takes time from 15PM to 15PM. The freshly imported Outlook event on MyBoard’s Timeline will be set to 15PM.
- In case you add a Due date (earlier than Start date) and Start date to a KanBo Card and add this Card to MyBoard, this will be imported to Outlook as an Appointment with a Card’s title. In the appointment, Outlook will only transfer only the earlier Due date, not a later Start date from a Card.
- You set dates on KanBo Card. The Start date is 11AM 11/12/2017 and Due date is 10AM 11/12/2017. Once you set MyBoard Settings to transfer KanBo Cards as Outlook Appointments and add the mentioned Card to MyBoard, the date of newly created Outlook Appointment will take time from 10AM 11/12/2017 to 10AM 11/12/2017.
Can I synchronize KanBo with Outlook Calendar?
How to install the Outlook Add-in?
Follow this instruction to install KanBo Outlook Add-in.
Can I get email notifications from KanBo?
Yes, you can enable email messages about unread notifications in KanBo.
Was this article helpful?
Please, contact us if you have any additional questions.