Document folder in a card is a feature allowing you to attach an existing folder to a card and use it to manage your documents. Forget about several versions of the same file. Work with space documents in a card and enjoy the fact that every change you make automatically updates the source document folder.
Now every employee can gain access to the latest version of business documents at the same time. This is a simple way to add new documents to existing folders from the card level. Everyone can build the structure of the company documents library at different levels.
When you add a document folder to the card, it will be visible in the card elements section on the right side.
Add a document folder to the card
- Open the space.
- Enter the card.
- Click + Add element in the upper right corner of the card.
- Select the Document folder.
- Enter the main space folder.
- If you click Select button here, the whole space document catalog will be added to your card.
- Here you can decide if you want to create a new folder and upload files or…
… select an existing one from the space.
- Type a name for the selected folder in this card only. The real name of the space documents will remain unchanged.
- Now you can see the contents of the folder inside the card.
Add documents to your document folder
Now you can add a file to the document folder in a card. After dragging and dropping a document into the folder in a card, the same document will appear in a source folder. Another way is dropping a file at a card in the space view.
Try also to + Add document at the bottom of the folder. There is a possibility to upload or even create different types of documents.
Select whether you would like to:
- upload it from your computer
- create a new one, blank documents of selected type:
- create a document with a document template.
Remember that every document you add here will immediately appear in the source folder.
Managing folder contents from a card
1. After clicking on the three-dot menu in the top right corner you will see more options.
You can choose to:
- go to the source folder at KanBo SharePoint,
- enter the settings,
- remove the folder from your card.
Removing a folder from the card will not delete it from the space.
2. On the Settings window you can:
- change the selected folder,
- choose the number of items presented in the card view,
- add allowed document templates.
When you don’t want to see the content of the folder, you can hide it by collapsing this card element.
3. When you hover over a document, three dots will appear on the right.
There are several options to select for that file:
- open in a browser
- rename – the name of the source document will also be changed
- see references – all cards that have that file attached
- delete a document – remove it from the space and its source
Card documents are files that can be attached to cards in KanBo. They can be shared with other team members and edited directly within the KanBo platform.
Yes, follow this instruction to set automatic folder definitions in card templates.
Was this article helpful?
Please, contact us if you have any additional questions.