Card Status Roles
Card statuses are to help you with the categorization of your work. It tells what stage your tasks are.
There are 4 available card status roles to choose from. Each of them has a different icon and meaning:
- Not started – The initial status by default. It points to tasks that are not currently performed.
- In progress – This status serves to indicate that a card is already in progress of completing it.
- Completed – This is a status indicating completion of the card.
- Information – A place to locate cards that contain important information but are not executable.
The role of the card statuses is to show the progress of every card realization. The progress line can consist of as many steps as needed to finally complete the task.
As you can see, a role for status may appear many times or not at all. You can select multiple statuses to share the same role. In this example, you can see that there is: one status with the role Not started, 4 statuses with the role In progress, and one status with the role Completed. There is also one Informational status.
There are some special cases regarding the status of the Information role. This status can be used for cards that have an informational role. Since it does not represent the progress of completing a card, this status is not visualized in the progress line.
Changing the card status role
To change the role:
- Go to the status grouping settings by clicking the three-dots button at the status name bar.
- Select it from the drop-down menu and click Add to confirm.
Card status is a feature in KanBo that shows the progress of a card realization and indicates what stage your task is in.
Every card front has a circle around the status icon, which shows the work calculation progress.
No, a card can only be assigned to just one status at a time.
Was this article helpful?
Please, contact us if you have any additional questions.